Main Points & Correct Settings of Air/Con-Units:
- Set between 25 - 27 C / COOL (Snow-Flake) NOT DRY! / Fan on AUTO!
- Keep doors & windows closed!
- Turn off, when leaving room/condo!
- Temperature setting determines the room temperature you want to achieve, not
the temperature of the air blowing. Doctors recommend 26 or 27 in tropics, not
more than 5-6 C difference to outside temperature!
- Tell David or Meow if your unit does not cool properly and we have it checked
- Water-heaters are high E users. Washing of clothes or endless showers by your
girls will affect the E bill, too.
- You are always welcome to check meters. Meow makes very few mistakes and
has done this correctly for 12 years.
- We want happy friends and guests, so this is an important issue also for us!
- Average cost for a studio is from 800 - 2'500 Over-sized units or kitchen units
and tower-front units can be a bit higher obviously!)
- Average cost for B-67 / Quadruple luxury unit with powerful units, full kitchen, 3
water-heaters etc. can be from 2'500 - 8'000 if used normally. But could go even
higher if used unreasonably. This is basically a full size house in the tropics.
Please listen to Meow when she explains air/con-use or read on the website,
air-con use costs E & costs money, sorry.You can can spend 1000/studio if set and used correctly or 3000/studio if you set it totally wrong on 18 C and keep it running with windows open and when not in the unit.
The air/con units in B-67 (quadruple luxury condo) are VERY powerful and correct use is even more important or you might end up with a much higher bill than needed. In fact you can cool the entire huge condo with only 1 main unit (28'000 BTU) running. Correct settings: 25-27 C/Auto/Cool/Snowflake (NOT dry!) Windows and doors closed!
Turn off when not in condo!
Another high user in Thailand is any hot water heater. Endless long showers, or washing clothes by your girlfriend - not a good idea! -will jack up your bill for sure!
You get away cheaper & better in the laundry! Meow has been doing this for 14 years and makes very few mistakes and we are as unhappy as you, if we run into a problem with an exceptional high bill, which hardly ever happens.
We had 2 cases recently, this why we keep stressing these points and even wrote up an info sheet to read at check-in. One case was a studio, with the girl washing clothes daily with running hot water, air/con full blast and balcony door open while the bf. was playing golf or something else :-)??.
The other case was the large condo, which even surprised us, but double checks of meters, also checked by Estate monthly, showed the readings were correct. Our cleaning lady had reported extremely low temperatures in the condo and all units running nonstop. We gave the guest a discount, but can't really do this, as we have to pay by meter to the E-Company too.
To repeat again, average values are: Studio: 800-2'500 Quadruple condo 4'000 - 8'000, but we have regulars in B-67 who never spend more than 2'500/mth. Front of tower in hot months heats up much more than back of tower. Garden-buildings are comparable with back of tower, depending on angle/season of sun.