Main points & Correct Settings of Air/Con-Units:
-Set between 25 - 27 C / COOL (Snow-Flake) NOT DRY! / Fan on AUTO!
-Keep doors & windows closed!
-Turn off, when leaving room/condo!
- Temperature setting determines the room temperature you want to achieve, not the
temperature of the air blowing. Doctors recommend 26 or 27 in tropics, not more than
5-6 C difference to outside temperature!
- Tell David or Meow if your unit does not cool properly and we have it checked out asap!
- Water-heaters are high E users. Washing of clothes or endless showers by your girls will
affect the E bill, too.
- You are alwasy welcome to check meters. Meow
makes very few mistakes and has done this correctly for 6 years.
- We want happy friends and guests, so this is an important issue also for us!
- Average cost for a studio is from 800 - 2'500 Over-sized units or kitchen units and tower-front
units can be a bit higher obviously!)
- Average cost for B-67 / Quadruple luxury unit with powerful units, full kitchen, 3 water-
heaters etc. can be from 2'500 - 8'000 if used normally. But could go even higher if used
unreasonably. This is basically a full size house in the tropics.
Please listen to Meow when she explains air/con-use or read on the website, air-con use
costs E & costs money, sorry.
You can can spend 1000/studio if set and used correctly or 3000/studio if you
set it totally wrong on 18 C and keep it running with windows open and when
not in the unit.
The air/con units in B-67 (quadruple luxury condo) are VERY powerful and
correct use is even more important or you might end up with a much higher
bill than needed. In fact you can cool the entire huge condo with only 1 main
unit (28'000 BTU) running.
Correct settings: 25-27 C/Auto/Cool/Snowflake (NOT dry!) Windows and doors closed!
Turn off when not in condo!
Another high user in Thailand is any hot water heater. Endless long showers,
or washing clothes by your girlfriend will jack up your bill for sure! You get
away cheaper in the laundry!
Meow has been doing this for 10 years and makes very few mistakes and we are as
unhappy as you, if we run into a problem with an exceptional high bill, which hardly
We had 2 cases recently, this why we keep stressing these points and even
wrote up an info sheet to read at check-in. One case was a studio, with the
girl washing clothes daily with running hot water, air/con full blast and balcony
door open while the bf. was playing golf or soemthing else :-)??.
The other case was the large condo, which even surprised us, but
double checks of meters, also checked by Estate monthly, showed the readings
were correct. Our cleaning lady had reported extremely low temperatures in
the condo and all units running nonstop. We gave the guest a discount, but
can't really do this, as we have to pay by meter to the E-Company too.
To repeat again, average values are: Studio: 800-2'500 Quadruple condo 4'000
- 8'000, but we have regulars in B-67 who never spend more than 2'500/mth.
Front of tower in hot months heats up much more than back of tower. Garden-blocks
are comparable with back of tower, depending on angle/season of sun.